If you’re a student who loves streaming TV shows and movies, you might be interested in the Hulu student discount. Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services on the market, offering a vast selection of on-demand content from major networks and streaming providers.
Hulu is offering its streaming services at a heavy discount to college students. You can get Hulu services at low pricing if you are a college student. And stream your way through your downtime. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Hulu student discount program, how it works, and how eligible students can take advantage of this offer.
Is There A Hulu Student Discount Plan?
Yes, there is a Hulu student discount plan available to eligible students. The Hulu student plan costs a mere $1.99 per month. And comes with access to Hulu’s entire library via the Hulu(With Ads) plan. This means that you will be shown paid ads before you start a movie or TV series, and sometimes in between as well (YouTube style). You end up saving $6 per month with the student discount. Which is a lot if you are a college student and are living by yourself.
The Regular Hulu(With Ads) plan comes at $7.99 per month. Which if billed annually will cost you $79.99 for a year. Overall, the Hulu student discount plan is a great option for students looking to stay entertained while on a budget.
Who Is Eligible For Hulu Student Discount?
To be eligible for the Hulu student discount, you have to get yourself verified by Sheer ID. Here are the criteria you have to fulfill to be eligible for the discount:
- You have to be enrolled in a Title IV accredited US college or university. A Title IV accredited college or university is a federal designation for an educational institution that makes it eligible for a federal financial aid program. If you are not a student in a Title IV institution, you are not eligible for the discount.
- To continue claiming the discount, you will have to reverify your current student status once every year. Once you graduate or drop out of your college or university. You become ineligible for the discount.
- You cannot claim the discount if you are not enrolled in an institution outside of the US.
How To Get Hulu Student Discount?
To get your Student Discount from Hulu, you have to make sure that you are eligible for the discount. Hulu verifies your eligibility through Sheer ID, which is a third-party verification platform. It verifies your active student status. Here are the steps you have to follow to get your student discount:
Once you have checked your eligibility, you can get your discount by following these steps:
- Head over to Hulu’s student discount page.
- Sign up with your name and email ID by clicking the ‘Sign Up Now’ button.
- Verify your Student Status by filling in the details in Sheer ID.
- Download the App on your phone or go to Hulu’s website.
- Log in to your account, and start streaming.
How Do I Apply For Spotify Student Discount To My Hulu Account?
If you are a student in the US, you can get Hulu’s student discount bundled with other online streaming services like Spotify. This particular bundle includes Spotify, Showtime, and Hulu(with ads) included in it. You can get this bundle for a cheap price of just $4.99 per month.
With this, you get the benefit of an all-rounded streaming service. Music from Spotify, Live Streaming services from Showtime, and on-demand content from Hulu(with ads). To get this bundle pack, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head over to Spotify’s student discount site and sign up with your name and email ID by clicking the ‘Sign Up Now’ button.
- Verify your current student status with Sheer ID.
- Go to their respective websites.
- Log into your account.
- Start streaming music, movies, and tv shows.
How Do I Proceed If Hulu’s Automatic Verification Fails?
Sheer ID is by no means perfect. You can often be stranded if you fail to get verified by Sheer ID. However, you can get a second shot at it by choosing to manually verify your credentials as a college student. Follow the steps below to manually verify your student status:
- Go to the Spotify website.
- Sign into your Spotify account.
- Select the ‘Manually Verify’ option below.
- Enter the details requested.
- Upload a scanned copy of any document issued by your School/College. Make sure that it has your full name and is issued within the last 3 months.
Once you have uploaded your document and submitted your application. Spotify will manually verify your credentials and will either approve or disapprove your verification. If approved, you will then be eligible for the student discount.
Here are some questions regarding the student discount that you might have.
1. Do You Get Hulu Free Through Spotify?
You can buy the Spotify-Hulu Bundle for just $4.99 per month and get both Hulu(with ads) and Spotify Premium in the same plan.
2. How Do I Get Hulu For Free?
If you are planning to get the Hulu (no ads) plan or Hulu(with ads) plan. Then you can get up to one month of Hulu for free by getting your free trial. You can get your free trial by going to Hulu’s official website and signing up. You can cancel your plan after one month. If you fail to cancel your plan, you will be charged $17.99.
3. How Long Does Hulu Last With Spotify?
If you get the Hulu-Spotify bundle, your Hulu(with ads) subscription plan will last as long as the bundle subscription lasts. Traditionally, up to 30 days since you pay for the subscription.
4. Can I get add-ons to the student discount plan?
Yes, you can opt for the available add-ons available for the Hulu(with ads) plan. You can get ESPN+, HBO, or showtime as an add-on. You can also get streaming bundles, like the Spotify, Showtime, and Hulu bundles for just $4.99.
5. I have an existing subscription to the Disney Bundle. Can I get Hulu’s student discount?
No, the student discount is only pairable with the Spotify Showtime bundle. Not with the Disney bundle(Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+).
There are only so many good things that come your way if you are a student. And Hulu for only $1.99 is one of them. At this rate, it is an absolute steal. The Hulu student discount plan offers students an affordable way to access Hulu’s vast library of content.
If you’re a student enrolled in a US college or university, be sure to verify your enrollment status and take advantage of this great offer.
- ChatGPT Jailbreak Prompt: Complete Process with Example - September 21, 2023
- Is ChatGPT Down? Check Server Status And Outages - September 21, 2023
- How to Get Starz Free Trial In 2023 – For 3 Or 6 Months - September 20, 2023