If you love watching documentaries and non-fiction shows, Discovery Plus might be a good choice for you as it offers a variety of content belonging to these genres. However, you might wish to enroll for a Discovery Plus Free Trial because you are not sure if you require a subscription.
Discovery Plus is an online content streaming site that offers popular content from Animal Planet, Food Network, Discovery, and more. The platform is an actual universe of factual and educational entertainment videos. Before you commit to an actual paid subscription on their platform, if you wish to test the features of the site through a Discovery Plus free trial and if you want to know if such an option is available, this article is for you.
In this blog, we will cover everything about Discovery Plus and the Free trial that you get on the platform, before enrolling for a paid subscription, and how you can effectively use the free trial to stream the different types of shows available in the library.
Is Discovery Plus Free Trial Available in 2023?
If you are looking for a Discovery Plus Free trial, the site offers a 7-day free trial for all new users, on its subscription plans. Once you sign up and choose the subscription plan of your choice, you get to enjoy the benefits of the free trial for a week. This also lets you enjoy access to the entire content library.
Moreover, you can also choose to cancel your subscription before the last date of the free trial, in case you do not wish to pay for a plan. If you do not cancel the free trial before it ends, you will be charged as per the plan you have chosen, on a monthly basis.
A Discovery Plus free trial will get you access to some of the original content on the site. The site also has some exclusive documentaries and reality shows, which you can watch, if you prefer such genres. The steps to enroll for the trial are mentioned in the upcoming section.
How to Get Discovery Plus Free Trial in 2023?
If you are a new user, you can get access to the 7-day Discovery Plus Free Trial. You can use the desktop site to complete the process. To sign up for the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Official site of Discovery Plus.
- Click on the ‘Start Free Trial’ option visible on the screen.
3. Enter your details to complete the Sign-up process.
4. As the next step, you will be asked to choose a subscription plan from the options listed. Select the plan that seems appropriate for you and click on ‘Continue’.
5. Next, you will be asked to enter your payment details. Enter the details of your Credit/Debit card to complete the same.
6. After the confirmation of payment details, your account will be created and you will be able to start the 7-day Discovery Plus Free Trial.
Note that you will not be charged the plan amount during the start of the free trial. However, if you continue using the subscription after the trial, you will be charged the subscription amount towards the end of the trial. If you do not wish to be charged, you can cancel the subscription beforehand.
Discovery Plus: Plans and Pricing
To complete the Sign-up while enrolling for the free trial, you will have to choose a subscription plan. Currently, Discovery Plus offers 2 plans for users to choose from.
The ad-supported plan will cost you $4.99 per month and the Ads-free plan will cost you $6.99 per month.
Note that if you are a student or if you are a military personnel, you get the subscription at a discounted rate of $2.99 per month.
Popular Discovery+ Shows
Discovery Plus contains an entire library of exclusive content that includes documentaries, shows, and other educational series from various companies that you can watch during the period of your free trial. Some of the most popular shows include:
- Deadliest Catch
- How It’s Made
- The Lost Kitchen
- Home Town
- Evil Lives Here
- Beachside Brawl
- Extraordinary Stories Behind Everyday Things
- Ciao House
What to do after the Discovery Plus Free Trial ends?
Once the 7-day free trial expires, you can either choose to continue with your subscription. If you do not like the service, you can also cancel your membership on the platform.
1. Cancelling the Discovery Plus free trial
If you wish to continue using the service after the trial period, you will be charged the amount based on the subscription plan that you have chosen. However, if you do not wish to continue, you can proceed to cancel your subscription. You only need to make sure that you cancel your plan a day before the end of the trial, to avoid being charged.
Follow these steps if you wish to cancel your Discovery Plus subscription:
- Go to the Discovery Plus website and Log in to your account using your credentials.
- On the screen, click on the Profile Icon in the top right corner.
- Select the ‘Account’ option from the menu.
4. Select the ‘Manage Your Account’ option.
5. Under the Plans section, the details of your current plan will be visible. Click on the ‘Cancel’ option that is available.
6. Confirm the cancelation by clicking on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option on the pop-up message that appears.
Your current subscription will be canceled by the end of the trial period if you cancel before the start of the paid plan. You can also follow these steps to cancel a paid subscription. However, you will have access to the content library until the last date of the billing period.
Are there other ways to get a Discovery Plus Free Trial?
Other than through the official site, you can get a Discovery Plus free trial through various other methods mentioned in this section.
1. On Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime Video subscribers get a complimentary 7-day Discovery Plus free trial as a part of their membership. You can follow these steps to get the free trial:
- Go to the official site of Amazon Prime and Log in to your account.
- On your Profile, go to the Channel Services page.
- Choose Discovery Plus and then enroll for the free trial using the steps mentioned above.
2. On Verizon
Verizon customers get the advantage of a 6-month Discovery Plus Free Trial along with their Verizon subscription. If your area does not support Verizon, you can use a VPN service to enjoy the free trial. You can follow these steps to enroll for the same:
- Go to the My Verizon App and Sign in to your account.
- Click on the Account tab and check for the list of eligible add-ons. Select Discovery Plus from the list.
- Sign up on Discovery Plus by providing the necessary details.
1. Is a 30-day Free trial available on Discovery Plus?
No. Currently, only a 7-day free trial is available on Discovery Plus, on all the subscription plans.
2. How to Get 1 Year of Free Discovery Plus?
Verizon customers who have a Play More Unlimited plan get a 12-month complimentary subscription to Discovery Plus with their plan.
Discovery Plus is one of the popular streaming sites among its various competitors like Disney Plus and Amazon Prime. It is also the site that lets you watch a variety of content related to wildlife, reality, drama, and thrillers. If you are a new user on this platform, a Discovery Plus Free trial is what you might be looking for.
Luckily, a 7-day free trial is available for all users on the subscription plans. You can enroll for the same and enjoy watching the various shows from the content library and choose to cancel the subscription before the end of the free trial if you do not wish to continue.
In this blog, we have mentioned the procedure to enroll for the free trial and also the method by which you can cancel your subscription on the platform. If this article was helpful for you, kindly let us know your feedback about the same. Also, if there is anything else that you would like to know about this topic, you can share your queries through the comments!!